Insurance Companies and Storm Damage – We Can Help
The immediate aftermath after a storm like Tropical Storm Imelda is busy, busy, busy for insurance companies in Liberty, TX and the surrounding areas.
Everybody and their mother wants to get their insurance carrier on the phone to figure out if their policies cover water damage. Good news – it usually is. Though the claims process may seem daunting, call ServiceMaster Recovery by CGI Restoration to handle the situation.
- Your insurance company cannot dictate who you hire for a water damage restoration company as long as the technicians carry the appropriate certifications and liability insurance.
- More often than not, insurance companies require their customers to hire IICRC-certified restoration companies to handle any repairs. You can’t just “make do” on your own and expect them to pay out on your claim.
- Don’t wait to call; your insurance carrier will not cover “gradual” damage that occurs because you waited too long to contact a professional service like ServiceMaster Recovery by CGI Restoration.
- We work directly with your insurance company during the evaluation process to help you get the best possible result for your claim. We also keep the insurance adjuster updated throughout the restoration progress so they know you hired the best choice for your water damage repairs.
After the storm leaves town, it’s time to find out what she left behind. Storms race through pretty fast, but they leave behind souvenirs like damaged roofs, broken windows, and standing water – or even your neighbor’s trampoline in your backyard. As soon as the danger has passed, you have some tasks to do, especially if you suspect you’ll be filing a claim.
Safety first – if you have any standing water in your home, tread carefully. Avoid walking in any standing water if you can. If you think the water can reach the electrical outlets, any wires on the floor (like a power strip), or an appliance, it’s best to turn off your circuit breaker to the affected areas. Sagging ceilings indicate trapped water. Stay away from those rooms. If in doubt, leave the premises entirely until someone experienced with water damage can assess the situation.
Take photos of any visible water or structural damage right away – before the water drains away. ServiceMaster Recovery by CGI Restoration recommends this chore to start the documentation process for a possible insurance claim. If you notice roof damage or broken windows, take a snapshot of those as well. They may well be the cause of your water damage. Even if your insurance policy doesn’t cover flooding, it may cover water damage caused by structural issues resulting from the storm.
ServiceMaster Recovery by CGI Restoration – our IICRC-certified technicians are on-call 24/7 to come out to your water-damaged property to help you deal with this emergency. We work directly with your insurance company on your behalf; you may not have to deal with insurance carriers every day, but we certainly do. Let us handle it. We provide water damage restoration services to Liberty, TX and the surrounding areas.
Some other water damage tips include the following:
- If the weather permits, open windows and doors to improve airflow.
- Remove as much water as possible with mops or towels.
- Put a piece of aluminum foil around the legs of any furniture that sits on wet carpet.
- Take up any water-logged area rugs, but don’t try to remove carpet on your own.
Call ServiceMaster Recovery by CGI Restoration right away. It’s important to act quickly for water damage restoration. In just 24 to 48 hours, mold will grow in water-logged areas, and that’s something you don’t want to have to deal with. Water also has a nasty tendency to cause severe structural damage if not dried out immediately.
In the meantime, just think – hurricane season will be officially over by Nov. 30!